At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite Employees' Photos Selected for Calendar
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Out of a record number of submissions, 12 photos taken by Safelite AutoGlass® employees throughout the country were selected as part of an annual, nationwide photo contest that determines images featured in a 2011 calendar produced by the company.
In 2011, the tradition of producing an associate photo calendar marks its 14th year. The calendar is distributed to more than 20,000 company employees, customers and vendors. For the 12 available spots, 1,832 entries were received from employees across the country. This year’s theme for the calendar is "Powered by Our People."
"Each year I really look forward to the calendar contest judging and my honor to pick the photo that adorns the front of the calendar," said Tom Feeney, president and CEO. "Showcasing images of our associates' lives outside of work really embodies the caring aspect of our People First philosophy and how important the balance between work and personal life really is."
Employees whose photos will be included in the 2011 calendar as listed as follows:
- President's Choice ($750 cash prize) - Justin Kelly, repair specialist, Salisbury, Md.
- Second Place ($650 cash prize) - Po-Wen Shih, IT manager, Columbus, Ohio
- Third Place ($550 cash prize) - Eric Sallee, technician support associate, Phoenix, Ariz. (also earned an honorable mention for an additional photo)
- Honorable Mentions ($250 cash prize):
- Chris Cole, services manager, Boston, Mass.
- Richard Minnick, technician, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Aaron Wallace, repair specialist, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Robert Lozano, Jr., technician, Victorville, Calif.
- Ricardo Escobar, CSR, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Dennis Caines, technician, Olympia, Wash.
- Holly Carfrae, CSR, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (two photos selected)
Employees were invited to submit their favorite photos in late summer. A panel of judges narrowed the field from 1,832 photos down to 50, and then to the final 12 that will appear in the calendar. The judges were:
- Brian Carr, creative manager, Safelite® Group, Columbus
- Todd King, designer, Ron Foth Advertising
- Tina Bush, photographer, Tina Bush Photography
About Safelite AutoGlass®
Safelite AutoGlass®, founded in 1947, is the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, providing mobile service to more than 95 percent of the U.S. population in all 50 states. The Columbus, Ohio-based company employs 10,000 people across the United States and serves more than 3.8 million customers each year through its company-owned operations.
For additional information, please contact our Media Relations department.