Windshield repairs save policyholders cash
Repairing a windshield is often more cost-efficient than a full replacement.
When your policyholder’s vehicle sustains windshield damage, a full glass replacement may not be the answer. Many windshields can actually be repaired instead of replaced, reducing out-of-pocket costs for your policyholder.
Today’s windshields are more complex — and more expensive
Most newer vehicles include advanced safety systems that include cameras attached to windshields, making replacement service more complicated and costly. Safelite technicians are trained to repair minor windshield chips and cracks to stop damage from spreading.
Our technicians can typically repair your policyholder’s windshield if:
- A chip or crack is six inches or smaller.
- The windshield contains three chips or less.
- The damage isn’t located in front of a camera or sensor.
Convenient and efficient windshield repair
We use only the highest-quality windshield repair materials to restore the integrity of your policyholder’s windshield glass. Our technicians are available to repair windshields nationwide and our shops can often accommodate same-day or next-day appointments. Safelite MobileGlassShops™ are also equipped to handle repairs so your policyholder can stress less.
Windshield repair vs. replacement: the advantages
- Repairs are affordable. When covered by insurance, a repair won’t cost your policyholder a dime.
- Repairs can keep small chips from turning into large cracks. This alleviates the need to schedule a more expensive windshield replacement.
- Repair service is quick. In most cases, a repair can be completed in just 30 minutes.
- Repairs are convenient. We can often offer same-day windshield repair service.*
- Repairs are backed by our nationwide lifetime guarantee. We guarantee that the repaired portion of the windshield will not crack further and that the repair will pass any state vehicle inspection, or we will credit the cost of repair toward replacement.
*To receive same-day repair service, your policyholder must arrive at a Safelite location by 2 p.m. local time during location hours. Applies only to windshield repair services, not windshield replacements. Some windshield damage may not be repairable. Other terms and conditions apply.
Are you ready to schedule a repair for your policyholder?