Father’s Day is right around the corner, and if you really want to show your dad you care, it’s time to think outside the box. While your dad might be happy with a coffee mug or yet another tie, chances are you got those items for him last year…and the year before that, too.
If you’re stumped on what to get the man who has everything, we’ve got your back. Check out some of our best and most unique Father’s Day gift ideas.
If your dad loves the outdoors…
If chances are you can find your dad outside most days, there are plenty of great ideas that he’ll be sure to love like car gifts, grilling items or other accessories :
- A bucket filled with car wash essentials: throw in some car wash, microfiber towels, Safelite® glass cleaner, wax, cleaner for the tires and anything else he needs to wash his car like a pro.
- A fitness tracker like a Fitbit, Garmin Vivoactive, Jawbone and more. He’ll be able to spend all the time he wants outdoors – and check out just how much exercise he got doing his favorite activities.
- All the BBQ essentials – but instead of the normal items, think outside the box and get your BBQ-loving Dad items he wouldn’t get himself like a meat thermometer, with a twist. The iGrill 2 allows him to measure the temperature from his phone!
- Headphones or a Bluetooth speaker. Seems like a boring gift, but if your Dad spends a lot of time outdoors, he might appreciate some tunes in the background.
If your dad is tech savvy…
Gift possibilities are endless with a dad who always wants the latest and greatest must-have gadget:
- Apple Watch. If he doesn’t have Apple’s newest product yet, it’s time for him to get it.
- GoPro Hero camera. It’s just like the video camera he used to film your first birthday – but way better. These extreme sports cameras shoot HD video on the go and much more.
- Hulu or Netflix subscription. There’s nothing better than settling in on the couch to binge watch some shows, and with a subscription it’s easier for Dad to relax than ever.
If your dad is hard to shop for…
We swear it’s possible to get great gifts for dad, even if yours is impossible to shop for.
- A monthly subscription. Does he love beer or wine, meat or is he a health nut? No matter what he’s into, chances are they have a monthly subscription service for it. It’s the best of both worlds: he gets a gift each month in the mail and you look like a hero.
- A gift certificate to his favorite….restaurant, store, the place he gets his hair cut – the options are endless. Gift cards make shopping easy for you, and are always a great gift idea because you know he’ll use it and enjoy it.
If all else fails, do a quick visit online to your dad’s favorite stores – and those they might not ever think to visit, either. Most places have a gift guide online that are sure to inspire some gift ideas. Here’s a few of our favorites:
Uncommon Goods – Check out this site for out-of-the-box and personalized gifts like a beer brewing kit, a custom birthday book from the New York Times, personalized cutting boards and even a briefcase containing every BBQ tool he’ll ever need.
J. Crew – If you want to get your dad clothes, check out this classic retailer for polos, shorts and much more.
Above all else, there’s not much better than just sitting back and spending some quality time with your dad, so this Father’s Day, make sure you do plenty of that!