Safelite AutoGlass® Video Contest Official Rules
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
This Video Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram®.
- OVERVIEW OF VIDEO CONTEST: The Safelite AutoGlass Video Contest will begin on November 12,
2018 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and end on November 26,
2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Video Contest Period”). Entries received before or outside of the Video Contest Period will not be accepted or be eligible to win the stated Prize, except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules.
Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Video Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Video Contest is open only to legal United States citizens who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who have an Instagram account. Obtaining an Instagram account is free of charge. By participating, entrants agree
to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Video Contest.
- TO ENTER: At the beginning of the Video Contest Period, Safelite Group, Inc. (“Sponsor”) will publish an Instagram post to Safelite’s official social media account (@safelite) that references the Video Contest. To enter the Video
Contest, participants must follow @safelite on Instagram and post an original video of their glass cleaner art drawing, using Safelite AutoGlass Glass Cleaner, on Instagram using the hashtag, #SafeliteGlassArt. Doing so will generate one (1) entry
into the Video Contest. Limit: Each participant may submit only one (1) entry into the Video Contest. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share an Instagram account. Any attempt to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different
accounts, entries, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified from the Video Contest. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will
result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter the Video Contest will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder”
is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the address used to register the account. The
potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account or email associated with the winning entry. Entrants who are employees of Safelite AutoGlass, Service AutoGlass or Safelite Solutions must film
entry on their own time (not during working hours) and on their own vehicle. Any employees who enter during working hours or own a customer’s vehicle will be disqualified.
- WINNER SELECTION: At the close of the Video Contest Period, Sponsor will select one (1) grand prize winner and three (3) runner-ups. The winners will be mentioned or messaged through their winning social media account and announced on the Safelite
AutoGlass Instagram account (Instagram.com/Safelite) on Friday, November 30, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. ET. All potential winners may be subject to verification of eligibility, and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release
acceptance Form (“Release”) within a certain time period to be determined by Sponsor after notification. If a potential winner cannot be reached (regardless of reason), does not respond within the designated time (if required),
or there is a return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable, he/she may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and not eligible for any prize. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result
in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential winner may be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor may limit the number
of attempts to award a Prize to two (2) attempts. In such case, if a Prize winner cannot be confirmed after two (2) attempts, the Prize will remain un-awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: One (1) grand prize will be awarded in the Video Contest. One first-place winner will receive a $500 Amazon gift card, as well as a car detail kit with a total approximate retail value (ARV) of $50. Three (3)
runner-ups will receive a car detail kit with an ARV of $50. Restrictions: Winner(s) may make no substitution or transfer of Prize and Prize is not exchangeable for cash, nor transferrable or assignable. All federal, state and local taxes, if
any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize consists of only those items specifically states as part of the Prize. If required by law, winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize.
- PUBLICITY AND PERMITTED USE OF VIDEO: Acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use the winner’s name and/or likenesses, Prize information,
Videograph, voice, and comments for purposes of advertising and trade without further notice, permission, or compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants grant Sponsor permission to use all information on the entry including
the entrant’s name and Video for purposes including but not limited to marketing, advertising, internal and external communications, training, social media, online at safelite.com or other digital communications. By submitting an entry,
entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor has no obligation to publish the Video. By submitting an entry, entrant understand that the Sponsor may request the video be sent to Sponsor via email. As a condition of entry, entrant is affirming that
he or she is the owner of the Video and personally took the Video. To the extent that any entry contains a Video that is not owned by the entrant, entrant agrees to save, defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless for any third-party claim of
infringement of any intellectual property rights.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Video Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting a Prize, winners agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram
and their respective shareholders, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates and independent contractors (“Released Parties”) against any and all claims of liability arising out of use of a Prize or participation in the Video
Contest. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage
caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Video Contest or use or redemption of any Prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Video Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of
class action, and exclusively by the courts in Franklin County, Ohio; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Video Contest, but in
no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other
than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY
NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Video Contest, shall be
governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the
laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prize or in the administration of the Video Contest. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete,
undecipherable, lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated entries, misdirected or faulty text messages, e-mail messages, or Instagram posts, or for any technical problems, incorrect announcements of any kind, hardware or software failures
of any kind including any injury or damage related to mobile devices or computers. Incomplete/illegible entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for any human or other error that may occur in the processing of the entries, nor are they responsible
for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, or for technical, network, telephone, computer hardware or software malfunctions
of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or failures of any wireless or internet service providers, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination
thereof, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Video Contest or receive communications from Sponsor. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable text messages resulting from filtration of an entrant’s wireless
or Internet service provider or for insufficient space to receive text or e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify a Video Contest if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of a Video Contest; or if
a technical problem corrupts the administration as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If the Video Contest is canceled, Sponsor will award the applicable Prize from among all eligible entries received as of the time of cancellation
in a random drawing, and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any entrant in connection with the Video Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or like methods of participation will void all such entries by such methods. CAUTION:
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE VIDEO CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK
DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS VIDEO CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ONLY ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
- PRIVACY: Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information provided by entrants will be used by Sponsor for selecting and contacting giveaway winner(s) for this promotion only and will not be shared with
policy, available at https://www.safelite.com/safelite-group-privacy-policy, and these Official Rules.
- WINNER’S LIST: For a list of winners, please send an Instagram private message to @safelite or email your request to email@example.com. Requests for winner’s list must be received ninety
(90) days after the winner of the Video Contest is chosen.
- SPONSOR: Safelite Group, Inc., 7400 Safelite Way, Columbus, OH 43235.