At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite Donates $300,000 to Afrika Tikkun
Established in 1994, Afrika Tikkun works toward the transformation of South African communities by caring for vulnerable children and orphans, not only providing vital care, but also building the skills needed to succeed in life. More than 800,000 families live in the communities supported by Afrika Tikkun. Nelson Mandela is a Chief Patron and has hailed Afrika Tikkun’s programs as a “miracle.”
The top performers of the triathlon and duathlon (individual or team) will have an opportunity to compete in the London Triathlon in September, which is Safelite’s parent company, Belron’s similar fundraiser. The team will consist of:
- Kate Buckler, Administrative Assistant, Columbus, Ohio
- Mitch Burgess, Customer Service Representative, Columbus, Ohio
- Brent Fiegel, Lead Warehouse Associate, Davenport, Iowa
- Jenny Kipker, Treasury Analyst, Columbus, Ohio
- Jonathan Knight, Technician, Boulder, Colorado
- Whitney Schmiesing, Marketing Specialist, Columbus, Ohio
In addition, the top eight individual Safelite® associates who raised the most funds earned the opportunity to attend the London Triathlon. They are:
- Dan Loyal, Division Manager, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Paul Koehler, IT Director, Columbus, Ohio
- Paul Jurgensen, Division Manager, Charleston, South Carolina
- Betsy Blake, Purchasing Director, Columbus, Ohio
- Matt Johnson, Media Director, Columbus, Ohio
- Rich Glover, Assistant Vice President of Manufacturing and Distribution Centers, Braselton, Georgia
- Kathy Domer, IT Manager, Columbus, Ohio
- Andy Kipker, VP Claims Management, Columbus, Ohio
Finally, the winner of the weight loss contest was Scott Goodman, a service associate in Safelite’s headquarters, who lost 26.89 percent body fat. He won a one-week, paid vacation at the Biggest Loser Resort.
Sika and PGW Glass served as co-presenting sponsors for the event.
“I continue to be inspired by the selflessness of Safelite’s people who give so openly of their time and energy to support a good cause,” said Tom Feeney, president and CEO of Safelite AutoGlass®. “It’s these people, our wonderful associates, who make Safelite the company it is – people-focused and compassionate. Our sponsors who supported us financially and by attending the fundraiser are also deeply appreciated.”
Melina Metzger, Safelite AutoGlass®, 614.210.9232, firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please contact our Media Relations department.