Safelite AutoGlass Named 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
Safelite is proud to be designated as a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs.®
While hiring for growth, Safelite develops recruitment strategies that aim toward military veterans, recognizing it’s the right thing to do and that it makes good business sense.
“At Safelite, we value not only what our service men and women have done, but what they have potential to do,” said Safelite Senior Vice President of People, Leadership & Development Natalie Crede. “Military veterans bring highly transferrable skills, leadership qualities and are an excellent source for the integrity, commitment and service mindset we look for in our people. Frankly, we’re honored when a military veteran applies for a position with us.”
The men and women transitioning into civilian jobs are already equipped with the core competencies we look for in our people:
- Personal integrity–doing what is right even when no one is watching
- Passion to succeed against high standards
- Strong sense of accountability
- Hands-on experience with technology and best-in-class techniques
- Ambitions to learn new skills and concepts
- Innate leadership qualities
- Ability to flex between team or individual duties
- Efficient and effective in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
Trust the safety and reliability of SafeliteGet quote + schedule
Caring for the Military
Safelite is committed to connecting veterans with meaningful employment and has joined both the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a coalition of more than 180 companies pledging to provide 200,000 veterans with jobs by 2020, and the Ohio National Guard Employer Advisor Council, which meets quarterly to share best practices for military-friendly employers.
Last year, we created a new “Valor Coin” program where leaders across the country are now encouraged to ensure their veteran associates are provided with a Valor Coin from Safelite thanking them for their service. Coins are also available to leaders and associates for the purpose of recognizing customers, candidates and citizens with Valor Coins on behalf of Safelite AutoGlass.
Locally, Safelite associates support Veterans Service Organizations and causes by hosting fundraising rallies and events that directly support veterans and their families.
Our company is also proud to spotlight those who are already employed by Safelite and who have served or are currently service in the military through our “Safelite in the Service Spotlight” series.
Safelite is committed to providing each associate with a total rewards package that consists of:
- A Great Pay Package – competitive base pay and additional compensation opportunities for all associates through incentive pay that is tied directly to the associate’s performance and contributions to business
- Competitive Benefits – The majority of associates (90%+ are full-time) have a choice of medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance as well as 401(k) match, resources for day care, adult care, mental health care, etc., and a discount site dedicated for associates to get the best deals on items from tires to gym memberships
- Career Opportunities – we provide learning opportunities for all associates through hands-on and e-learning, which has helped many associates move into management roles
- Recognition – All associates are eligible for service award gifts at 5,10,15, 20+ years as well as multiple performance-based financial awards
We welcome our new employees on many different levels. From an in-depth onboarding program to a six-week training course for our auto glass technicians, we want to ensure that our new employees feel welcomed and confident in their new roles. Ongoing professional development is also provided that helps associates grow their careers and learn new skills.
More information about career opportunities with our company are available at SafeliteCareers.com.