Expert windshield repair
Safelite’s repair-first mindset
A damaged windshield is neither expected nor convenient. But rather than replace your windshield, a quick repair may be all you need to get back out on the road. With Safelite, you can be assured that we’ll always consider the best, most cost-effective solution for your vehicle’s glass damage. And with service options ranging from drop-off to we-come-to-you, your windshield repair might feel more convenient than you thought it would.
How do I know if my windshield can be repaired?
Safelite can usually repair your windshield if the damage meets these conditions:
- The damage is under 6 inches in length*
- The point of impact is smaller than a dime
- There are no more than 3 chips
- The damage doesn’t block a camera or sensor
Our expert technicians repair over one million windshields a year and work with all types of vehicles, including EVs
How do you repair a chipped windshield?
When you choose Safelite for chip repair, you can expect a straightforward and hassle-free process:
1. Assessment: Our technician will inspect the chip to determine if it's suitable for repair. Factors such as size, location, and the age of the chip are considered.
2. Preparation: The damaged area is cleaned and prepared for the repair process.
3. Injection: A specialized resin is injected into the chip. This resin bonds with the glass, restoring its strength and preventing further damage.
4. Curing: The resin is cured using UV light, ensuring a durable and crystal-clear repair.
5. Final Inspection: Our technician will evaluate the repair to ensure it meets our high standards. If you have a chip in your windshield, don't wait for it to worsen. Safelite's chip repair services are a quick and cost-effective solution to keep your windshield in top condition. Contact us today to schedule your chip repair appointment, and we'll have you back on the road safely in no time. At Safelite, we're committed to keeping you and your vehicle safe, one chip at a time.
Get it done now, with our help
Here's why it's smart to get your windshield repaired sooner instead of later:
Repairs are more affordable
In fact, depending on your insurance coverage, you may pay nothing.
Minor damage can turn into major damage
Waiting could lead to needing a full replacement, which adds to both cost and time.
Repairs are quick
Appointments are often available as soon as same-day or next-day at a shop near you, and in most cases your technician can get you back behind the wheel in just 30 minutes.