At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite AutoGlass Earns Honorable Mention in PR Daily’s 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Awards Program
COLUMBUS, Ohio – A strong focus on giving back has earned Safelite AutoGlass®, the largest vehicle glass repair and replacement company in the U.S., an honorable mention in 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Awards Program, sponsored by PR Daily. The company was recognized in the “Fundraising and Philanthropic Initiative” category.
Beyond operating a successful, customer-focused business, Safelite AutoGlass, is committed to being a caring partner to local communities. In 2005, the Safelite AutoGlass Foundation was created as the official giving arm of the company. This employee-run organization now actively supports causes, charities and giving initiatives that focus on the well-being of families.
To inspire giving back, Safelite AutoGlass introduced an internal employee campaign known as the 1-2-3 Philosophy:
- Safelite donates 1% of its annual trading profit to the Safelite AutoGlass Foundation.
- Safelite encourages its employees to give 2% of their time to volunteer in their community. That includes 16 hours of paid time off the company allows every employee for volunteer work in addition to 24 hours of their personal time for a total of 40 hours per employee, which equals 2% of the average hours in a “work year.”
- Safelite holds 3 annual charitable fundraisers…
- The Safelite Challenge invites employees and business partners to participate a charity triathlon, duathlon, or motorcycle poker run.
- Employees are encouraged to elect for a one-time or on-going payroll deduction over the coming year to the charities of their choice during the National Big Give Campaign.
- Each fall, Safelite hosts a Charity Golf Classic where supply partners provide sponsorships and participation.
“We asked to see work that displays integrity, authenticity and intention,” said the PR Daily website. “We were impressed by winners’ ability to think about the bigger picture and execute campaigns that moved audiences around the world. Our winners demonstrated a determination to bringing to light the issues that affect community, industry and society at large. We are pleased and honored to recognize these industry leaders using their talents for the greater good.”
Safelite AutoGlass was selected to receive an Honorable Mention out of a total of 103 entries. To learn more about Safelite AutoGlass’s charitable initiatives, visit safelitefoundation.org.
“We’re humbled to be recognized for our charitable outreach,” said Safelite AutoGlass President & CEO Tom Feeney. “And we thank PR Daily for raising public awareness for the need for corporate caring initiatives. Together we can positively impact others.”
About Safelite AutoGlass
Safelite AutoGlass® is the nation’s largest provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services with 7,400 MobileGlassShops™ and company stores in all 50 states. Last year, more than 5.4 million customers chose Safelite for its 24/7 national contact centers, advanced online scheduling, superior repair and replacement systems, and the industry’s only nationwide lifetime guarantee. For more information, visit Safelite.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
###Media Contact: Safelite AutoGlass PR Manager Melina Metzger, 614.210.9232, firstname.lastname@example.org