At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite AutoGlass® Updates Mobile Technician Handheld Technology for Better Customer Service
The MRM3 solution improves both the customer experience and the technician experience. Customer advantages include:
· Convenience: Technicians can easily call the customer from the work order on their screen to notify them when they will arrive.
· Security: Customers can easily sign the pre-authorization form and receipt from the smartphone, which can then be emailed to the customer. The automatic device lock after a short period of inactivity protects customer information.
· Quality: Technicians have quick access to tips and tools of the trade to address the nuances of different vehicle styles.
MRM3 features everything a technician needs to provide an exceptional customer experience on the road. The flexible, event-driven workflow streamlines technicians’ day. The home screen displays their daily work order list and map view to each location. The daily manifest can be changed as needed by the technician. They can start each job by collecting basic customer information and completing a digital pre-inspection of damage supported by photographs. They can update parts used for better customer records. And they can close with a safe, secure payment.
In addition, it offers:
· Better mapping and integrated geo-navigation systems to find the customer’s location
· Larger, touch-screen navigation is easier to use
· Hi-res cameras better support barcode scanning and pre-inspections
· Speech to text communications options
· Broader internet access for training, installation/repair tips, or company communications
· Improved safety and legal compliance related to mobile usage
To promote safe driving, the application enters Safe Drive Mode, restricting use beyond the Navigation function, when driving more than 10mph.
The Samsung Galaxy Note II was selected with input from technicians. The device’s form factor and advanced features were well-received during infield tests.
· The large 5.5” HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen display provides high resolution for optimal content viewing.
· The S Pen™ allows technicians to conveniently write down directions, phone numbers and other information while on a call.
· Multi Window split screen multitasking allows technicians to seamlessly run multiple apps on one screen simultaneously.
· As a SAFE™ (Samsung for Enterprise) device, the Galaxy Note II includes security and feature enhancements that provides protection of customer and company data.
“What this means for the customer is fewer missed or late appointments, and a better prepared technician ready to tackle the nuances of your particular vehicle,” said Tom Feeney, Safelite AutoGlass® president and CEO. “To our technicians, it means access to the best, most innovative tools that help them complete their work and shine on the job.”
Safelite AutoGlass® first introduced this type of software through smartphones in 2007. The rollout in the field is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
Media Contact: Melina Metzger, Safelite AutoGlass®, 614.210.9232, email@example.com
About Safelite AutoGlass®
Safelite AutoGlass®, founded in 1947, is the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, providing mobile service to more than 95 percent of the U.S. population in all 50 states. The Columbus, Ohio-based company employs nearly 10,000 people across the United States and serves more than 4.1 million customers annually. For more information, visit www.safelite.com.
About Samsung SAFE™
SAFE™: "SAFE™” (Samsung for Enterprise) is a mark for a Samsung device which has been tested against Samsung’s own internal criteria for interoperability with certain third party security-related solutions for MDM and VPN. The testing includes field testing with local network connection and menu tree testing which tests functionality of the solutions in conjunction with the Samsung device. During the testing, the device is tested with the security solutions to see if the solutions work with the device as described by the third party security solution providers. The testing, for example, includes field testing with local network connection and menu tree testing which tests functionality of the solutions in conjunction with the Samsung device. For more information about Samsung’s SAFE™ program, please refer to www.samsung.com/us/safe. <s></s>
Disclaimer of Warranties:
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THEIR STANDARD END USER LICENSE AND WARRANTY, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., SAMSUNG TELECOMMUNICATIONS AMERICA, LLC, AND THEIR AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS THE “SAMSUNG ENTITIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, INTEROPERABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PROTECTION, SAFE™ DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS TESTED WITH SAFE™ DEVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SAMSUNG ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PROTECTION, SAFE™ DEVICES OR APPLICATIONS TESTED WITH SAFE™ DEVICES. In addition, information technology security protection will be affected by features or functionality associated with, among other things the e-mail platform, master data management, and virtual private network solutions selected by the software provider, solution provider or user. Choice of an e-mail, master data management, and virtual private network solution is at the sole discretion of the software provider, solution provider or user and any associated effect on information technology security protection is solely the responsibility of the software provider, solution provider or user. For complete statement of limited warranty, please refer to www.samsung.com/us/safe, available on the web and where Samsung smartphone and Galaxy Tab™ devices are sold.
Media Contact: To connect with a Safelite spokesperson, email firstname.lastname@example.org.