This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, telephone, and other electronic communications between you and us.
- When you communicate with us via mail, in writing, or in person.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- From third parties that identifies or may reasonably be linked to an identifiable person.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- The job application process or information shared with us from employees or independent contractors.
Information by which you may be personally identified or which identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to you is described in this Policy as "Personal Information."
This Policy explains the following topics:
- Children Under the Age of 16
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Collect Information
- Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Data Security
- Contact and Opt-Out Information
- Sole Statement
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website, and related marketing activity, is not intended for, directed to, or is it likely or regularly accessed by children under 18 years of age. The Website is intended to permit those over the age of 18 to schedule vehicle glass, repair, replace and recalibration physical services and physical products delivered by Safelite AutoGlass. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. We also do not knowingly sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes the Personal Information of children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact us" link on the Website you are visiting or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the following address:
Safelite Group, Inc.
Attn. Customer Care
7400 Safelite Way
Columbus, Ohio 43235
Information We Collect About You
We may collect, use, store and transfer several types of information from and about users of our Website which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Information such as first name, maiden name, last name, username, social media identifier or similar identifier.
- Contact Information such as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Information such as bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Information such as details about payments from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Information such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, device id, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Profile Information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, survey responses, reviews and testimonials and preferences.
- Usage Information such as information about how you use and got to our Website.
- Marketing and Communications Information such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences including language preferences.
- Vehicle Information such as vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, year, the type of damage, cause of damage, part information and other information that may be gathered in order to file an insurance claim.
- Audio/Visual Information such as call recordings, images and videos.
- Information needed to process casualty loss or liability claims or pursue or defend legal claims which may include, but is not limited to, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, and health information (e.g., injuries suffered in an accident).
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Information such as statistical or demographic information for any purpose. Aggregated Information could be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered personal data by law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of the Website. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Information with your Personal Information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Information which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
We do not knowingly collect the Personal Information of individuals located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom. If you believe we might have collected the Personal Information of an individual located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact us" link on the Website you are visiting or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the following address:
Safelite Group, Inc.
Attn. Customer Care
7400 Safelite Way
Columbus, Ohio 43235
How We Collect Information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through the following means.
Direct Interactions. The information we collect on or through our Website or when you interact with us, including, for example:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, or requesting a quote or further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Records of calls and other communications you engage in with our staff.
Third Parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example business partners, sub-contractors
in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers or aggregators.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies and other similar technologies (see Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“behavioral tracking”).
Certain internet browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes ( "Do Not Track Notice"). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a Do Not Track Notice, whether that reflects your preference. Please note that with respect to our Website, we do not take any action based on browser based Do Not Track Notices, unless required to do so by law; however, such policy of taking no action may be changed or updated from time to time without notice. If you wish to limit your participation in preference-based advertising activities, you should follow the opt-out process described in Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Certain internet browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes ("Do Not Track Notice"). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a Do Not Track Notice, whether that reflects your preference. Please note that with respect to our Website, we do not take any action based on browser based Do Not Track Notices, unless required to do so by law; however, such policy of taking no action may be changed or updated from time to time without notice. If you wish to limit your participation in preference-based advertising activities, you should follow the opt-out process described in Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Certain features of our Website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from,
and on our Website. Flash cookies and browser cookies use different management tools and you must manage their settings separately. For information about managing your Flash cookie privacy and security settings, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Our Website pages and e-mails may contain web beacons (small transparent embedded images or objects, also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity.
We may use third-party tools to monitor and record interactions with our Website. These tools may record your mouse movements, clicks, and/or keystrokes. We use information from these tools to better understand how users interact with your Website and enhance the user experience. By using our Website, you consent to our use of these recording tools.
The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content, and/or improve the quality of your website experience, the performance of our advertisements, facilitate engagement with you and display information to you.
We also share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with them. Some of these partners return an online identification code that we may store in our first-party cookie for our use in online and cross-channel advertising and it may be shared with advertising companies to enable interest-based aka targeted aka behavioral advertising. To opt out of this use, please click here (https://liveramp.com/opt_out/).
We do not control third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How does this site use Google services?
We use Google Analytics first-party "cookies" and the DoubleClick and other partner third-party "cookies" for reporting and advertising. These first- and third-party cookies are used together to help us better understand your interests and online behavior in an aggregate and anonymous form. The Google Analytics first-party "cookies" are used to compile statistical information and reports on aggregate visitor activity on our Website. We use third-party cookies to enable Google Analytics demographics and interest reporting, which allows us to understand, in aggregate, the age, gender, and interests of our visitors. In addition to this, we use first- and third-party Google Analytics, DoubleClick and other partner "cookies" for remarketing. Remarketing allows our ads to be delivered to visitors on other third-party websites after they leave our Website. This advertising directly relates to offers that may be of interest to you based on your prior Website visit. None of the data we collect from first- and third-party "cookies" can be linked to an individual person nor is this data able to personally identify any visitor to our Website.
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, you may do so by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on that can be found here. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that we think may be of interest to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To comply with legal requirements and contractual obligations with others.
- To take steps we deem necessary to protect, defend, and enforce our rights and the rights of others.
- To conduct research, analytics, and development activities to enhance our marketing, advertising, products, services, and business processes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We do not use Personal Information to engage in profiling in furtherance of solely automated decision that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning the consumer.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregate information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To business partners, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who obligated to keep Personal Information Confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all Safelite's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Safelite is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Safelite our customers, or others.
We do not sell Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with advertising platforms (including social media companies) and data aggregators/brokers for targeted advertising purposes. In the past twelve months, we have shared identity, contact, technical, and usage information with such companies for targeted advertising purposes, improving the quality of your website experience, the performance of our advertisements, facilitate engagement with you and display relevant information to you.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company If you do not want us to use your contact information to send you emails promoting our own products and services, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by submitting your information here: https://www.safelite.com/email-unsubscribe, or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt-out of further marketing email communications by replying to any promotional email we have sent you or following the opt-out links on that message.
- Targeted Advertising We comply with the requirements of the Digital Advertising Alliance's (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program, whose goal is to provide you with enhanced notice about online advertising practices and choices about the ads you see. You can opt out from receiving ads based on your online behavior either by visiting the DAA opt-out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or by clicking on the Ad-Choices icon in or near the ad. If you elect to opt out of OBA, you will still see ads, but they may not be as relevant to you. Please keep in mind that opting out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out cookie is applied. If you delete your browser cookies or if you use a different computer or different browser and want to continue to be opted out of interest-based advertising, you will need to opt out again.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
We generally keep all categories your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted considering the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. We are implementing a retention period at the transactional level across most systems, including financial, customer relationship management, work order manager, data analytics, at eight years from the date of first contact with us with respect to a transaction for all categories of Personal Information. Applying the retention period across all systems is on a staged rollout schedule expecting to take until at least the end of 2023. Variations as to the systems in scope, the time to implement and the exact retention period is subject to change, cannot be guaranteed with certainty and is also dependent on statutory, legal and contractual obligations. Generally, the criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you; (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject to, e.g. including statutory periods to retain information as well as to fulfill commitments to you through our warranty programs; or (iii) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
Select State Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia, we provide you the following additional privacy rights.
A. Right to Know – Specific Pieces of Personal Information and/or Categories of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and to disclose to you the Personal Information we retain about you, subject to exceptions permitted by law.
B. Right to Delete Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we retain about you, subject to exceptions permitted by law.
C. Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information we retain about you, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of our processing of it.
D. Right to Appeal
If we deny your request, in full or in part, you may appeal our decision by submitting a request to appeal.
If we deny your appeal, you may also contact your state Attorney General to lodge a complaint and we will provide you with an online mechanism to do so.
E. How to Exercise Your Rights
- How to submit requests. To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either contacting us at email@example.com or clicking here to submit the request online.
- Who may submit requests. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may designate an authorized agent in writing to make a request on your behalf.
- How often can you submit requests. You may only make an Access request twice within a 12-month period.
- How we verify and respond to requests.
- Your request must be verifiable. That means that you, or your authorized agent, must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized agent of that person with written permission from the consumer or a power of attorney to act on their behalf.
- We may verify your request:
- Through our existing authentication practices for your password-protected account with us, if you have one. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, if you do not make a request through an account with us.
- If you do not have a password-protected account with us, we may require you to provide certain information such as first name, last name, phone number, service address, and/or invoice number to verify your identify.
- Regardless of whether or not you have a password-protected account with us, if we believe it is reasonable in order to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or deletion, we may require you to verify additional pieces of information and/or sign a declaration under penalty of perjury verifying your identity and request.
- Your verifiable consumer request must also describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
- We will only use Personal Information provided in a request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request and fulfill or deny the request. We may retain Personal Information provided in connection with your request for at least two (2) years as required by law.
- Response Timing and Format.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your request within ten (10) business days from its receipt.
- We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days from its receipt. If we require more time, up to a maximum of ninety (90) days from receipt as provided by law, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you are a Connecticut or Virginia resident, then the maximum time to respond is sixty (60) days from its receipt.
- If you have a password-protected online account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have a password-protected online account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
- The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. If you requested a copy of the specific Personal Information we have on file about you, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
F. Opt Out of Sale/Sharing of Personal Information
If you would like to opt out of the sale or sharing for targeted advertising purposes of your Personal Information, you may do so using our Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information online form by clicking here. We will also recognize browser-based opt-out signals as required under law. If we receive an opt-out signal and are able to identify the consumer to whom the signal relates, we will treat the signal as a request to opt out related to all Personal Information we have on file for the consumer. If we receive an opt-out signal and are not able to identify the consumer to whom the signal relates, we will treat the signal as a request to opt out limited to the Personal Information we collect from the consumer during the online session during which the signal is present.
We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their privacy rights as allowed by law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding a website operator’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for those third parties to use for their own direct marketing purposes.
We have implemented measures reasonably designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website or across any electronic network. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or in any electronic network.
The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page of the Website and you should frequently check this page for updates.
You may contact us as provided below if you have questions or comments about our Policy
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safelite Group, Inc.
Attn. Customer Care
7400 Safelite Way
Columbus, Ohio 43235
This Policy as posted on this Website is the sole statement of our Policy with respect to the subject matter herein, and no summary, modification, restatement or other version thereof, or other privacy statement or policy, in any form, is valid unless we post a new or revised policy to the Website.