At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite AutoGlass Donates $300,000 to Afrika Tikkun Charitable Organization After 5th Annual Triathlon Fundraiser
Established in 1994, Afrika Tikkun saves and transforms lives that have been impacted by extreme poverty, aids and post-Apartheid impacts in South African communities by caring for vulnerable children and orphans, not only providing vital care, but also building the skills needed to succeed in life. More than 800,000 families live in the communities supported by Afrika Tikkun.
The Safelite Challenge, which was held on April 13, 2014, in Lake Mead, Las Vegas, invites Safelite’s employees and suppliers to participate in a number of ways while raising funds for Afrika Tikkun: individual or team triathlon or duathlon, a 5K fun walk, or a charity poker run on motorcycles. An online auction where employees bid on items donated by the company’s management team and vendors also supported the cause.
Three youth from Afrika Tikkun traveled to the U.S. to participate in the triathlon. Watch their story at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4aABkg8vo&list=UU2RCJl5ATR1E3KTHt1BS8iQ&feature=share
The top performers of the triathlon and duathlon (individual or team) will have an opportunity to compete in a charity Triathlon event held in Windsor, England hosted by Safelite’s parent company Belron. The team will consist of:
1. Kate Buckler, Administrative Assistant, Columbus, Ohio
2. Jenny Kipker, Treasury Analyst, Columbus, Ohio
3. Brent Fiegel, Lead Warehouse Associate, Davenport, Iowa
4. Amy Robinson, HR Specialist, Columbus, Ohio
5. Jonathan Knight, Technician, Boulder, Colorado
6. Whitney Schmiesing, Marketing Specialist, Columbus, Ohio
7. Brian DiMasi, Senior Corporate Counsel, Legal Dept, Columbus, Ohio
8. Paul Koehler, IT Director, Columbus, Ohio
In addition, the following individuals were selected for their fundraising efforts:
1. Jon Laski, Regional Vice President, Orlando, Florida
2. Dan Burgess, Regional Vice President, Dacula, Georgia
3. Lynn Johnson, Administrative Assistant, Columbus, Ohio
In addition, the following individuals were selected from a raffle for having been a 5 year Safelite Challenge Participant:
1. Laurence Day, Quality Manager, Sacramento, California
2. Garth Beck, VP Retail Field Operations, Salt Lake City, Utah
3. Steve Parker, District Manager, Las Vegas, Nevada
In addition, the following individuals were selected in a drawing where their names were in a hat for each $500 increment they raised to support the charity:
1. Scott Vance, VP IT Business Engagement, Columbus, Ohio
2. Jerod Stefango, Purchasing Director, Columbus, Ohio
3. Shane Stemper, Lead Technician, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4. Brad Polinko, Inventory Analyst, Columbus, Ohio
Sika and PGW Glass served as co-presenting sponsors for the event.
“I continue to be inspired by the selflessness of Safelite’s people who give so openly of their time and energy to support a good cause,” said Tom Feeney, president and CEO of Safelite AutoGlass. “It’s these people, our wonderful associates, who make Safelite the company it is – people-focused and compassionate. Our sponsors who supported us financially and by attending the fundraiser are also deeply appreciated.”
About Safelite AutoGlass®
Safelite AutoGlass®, founded in 1947, is the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, providing mobile service to more than 95 percent of the U.S. population in all 50 states. The Columbus, Ohio-based company employs approximately 10,000 people across the United States and serves more than 4.3 million customers annually. For more information, visit Safelite.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Media Contact: To connect with a Safelite spokesperson, email email@example.com.