At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite AutoGlass® Foundation Awards $200,000 in Impact Grants to Area Non-profits
The recipient of the $50,000 grant was given to:
· www.habitatmidohio.org/: Sponsorship of the “Home of Hope” Blitz Build with WBNS-10TV in April 2013.
Additional $25,000 recipients include:
· www.bbbscolumbus.org/: Replacement of a 12-passenger van used for the Camp Oty’Okwa summer camp program for at-risk and disadvantaged youth, located in southeastern Ohio.
· www.midohiofoodbank.org/: Support for Mid-Ohio Foodbank’s efforts to acquire 8.5 million pounds of fresh, nutrient-rich produce, donated by local farmers, distributors and suppliers, to distribute to Franklin County’s nearly 200,000 residents in need.
· www.bgccolumbus.org/: Purchase of a new vehicle to transport additional children to the Club from areas that are currently under-served.
· www.rmhc-centralohio.org/: Support of the Helping Hands program, designed to close the gap between what families pay to stay at the Ronald McDonald House and the actual costs. This grant will result in 500 nights of rest for families in need.
· www.childrenshungeralliance.org/: Support of the “Healthy Kids, Healthy Schools” initiative to reduce childhood obesity in Franklin County, targeting middle school students.
· www.lifecarealliance.org/: Funding of 2,679 meals for LifeCare Alliance clients through Meals-on-Wheels program and Senior Dining Center as well as 43 new thermal bags for meal delivery.
Applications were reviewed by members of the Safelite AutoGlass® Foundation, a volunteer committee, and selected by the breadth and depth of impact the grant would have on the local community. The Foundation received 54 grant requests this year. Funding for the Impact Grants is provided by the Foundation’s www.safelite.com/about-safelite/press-releases/press-release/?previd=11253&prid=184&cHash=08e7ed8059da83dc7795405a2ab5664a, which also funds a number of other donations made by the Foundation.
“We give back to charity because it’s simply the right thing to do. We believe in investing part of our profits into the betterment of mankind,” said Safelite® President and CEO Tom Feeney. “We are looking forward to seeing the good work of our Impact Grant recipients and to building a long-term supportive partnership.”
About The Safelite AutoGlass® Foundation
Safelite AutoGlass® – the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services – is committed to be a responsible member of the communities where we live and work. This includes those outside our doorstep and those across the world. As such the company supports employees’ charitable endeavors while also being a large fundraiser.
The Safelite AutoGlass® Foundation was created in 2005 as the 501(c)(3) giving arm of the company aimed at supporting organizations that promote the health and well-being of families through monetary and in-kind contributions and volunteer hours.
The Safelite AutoGlass® Foundation is set up as a separate entity, governed by company employees from the corporate offices and the field organization. The Foundation administers giving on behalf of Safelite® and its employees, disbursing aid to approved causes or charities, and organizing many giving initiatives in communities where our associates live and work.
Media Contact: To connect with a Safelite spokesperson, email email@example.com.