At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite AutoGlass Foundation donates $300,000 in Regional Impact Grants to charitable organizations across the country
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Safelite AutoGlass® Foundation is proud to make a difference across the country by awarding its 2017 Regional Impact Grants. Grants of $25,000 were made to 12 charitable organizations across the country—all for promoting the health and well-being of families and communities in their local areas.
Funding for the Regional Impact Grants comes from the Foundation’s Annual Safelite Charity Golf Classic, which also funds a number of other donations presented by the Foundation.
“We’re proud of the difference these organizations are making in the communities where our associates live and work,” said Betsy Blake, chair of the Safelite AutoGlass Foundation. “It is amazing to see how much this program has grown, and how many valuable partnerships have been established.”
Recipients of the 2017 Impact Grants include:
- Youth Automotive Training Center will provide basic automotive training, job and life skills to disadvantaged youth.
- Dell Children’s Medical Center Foundation will renovate the heart catheterization lab to further their mission of serving the poor and underserved.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation will send 110 children with cancer and blood disorders to Camp Rainbow, a weeklong summer camp in a nurturing environment that provides children a respite from the everyday stresses caused by their illness.
- Sacramento Area Emergency Housing Center DBA Next Move will provide scholarship dollars to homeless or poverty-stricken students for post-secondary education.
- Hide in Plain Sight will further its mission to bring generous people and students in poverty, together by providing scholarships to homeless students.
- 180zone, Inc. will combat crisis, poverty and addiction, and refurbish homes to provide affordable housing for those in need.
- Seton Youth Shelter will purchase fuel, equipment and supplies for the van-based prevention/intervention outreach program for homeless and trafficked youth in Southeast Virginia.
- Ruth’s Reusable Resources (3 R’s) will further its mission to ensure all students and classrooms in Maine and New Hampshire have basic tools for learning, with funds earmarked to provide paper goods, office supplies and furniture at no cost.
- Make-A-Wish, Philadelphia, Delaware, Susquehanna Valley will grant one true wish of 3-6 children with a life-threatening illness.
- Ronald McDonald House of Central Indiana will hire a family experience specialist who serves as an ambassador to provide a positive experience for families and other visitors to the House.
Safelite has also allocated funds for two Impact Grants at $25,000 each, earmarked for Boys & Girls Clubs. The Foundation is the 501(c)(3) giving arm of Safelite AutoGlass®, the nation’s largest vehicle glass repair and replacement company. This marks the second year the Columbus-based company has distributed Regional Impact Grants, totaling more than $500,000, to help make a difference in the communities where associates live and work.
About the Safelite AutoGlass Foundation
Safelite AutoGlass, the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, is committed to be a responsible member of the communities where associates live and work.
The Safelite AutoGlass Foundation was created in 2005 as the 501(c)(3) giving arm of the company aimed at supporting organizations that promote the health and well-being of families through monetary and in-kind contributions and volunteer hours. This includes those outside our doorstep and those across the world. The company supports associates’ charitable endeavors while also being a large fundraiser.
The Safelite AutoGlass Foundation is set up as a separate entity, governed by company associates from the corporate offices and the field organization. The Foundation administers giving on behalf of Safelite and its associates, disbursing aid to approved causes or charities, and organizing many giving initiatives in communities where our associates live and work. For more information, visit safelitefoundation.org.Editors’ Note: Additional photographs and interviews available upon request.
Media Contact: To connect with a Safelite spokesperson, email email@example.com.